About Me

Dear friends brother sister, Welcolme to my Blog - i am Maxine Bowler i am once again standing in Burngreave in the Council elections on the 3rd May.I am an anti Cuts activist and am part of the stop the war Coalition. The cuts are damaging our community destroying our sevices and creating mass unempoyment across the ward.They are being pushed through by a nasty condem goverment- of millionaires who are looking after their rich friends, but locally implemented f by Labour. If you vote the same you always get the same. So change your vote and vote for Justice, Peace and Equality

Thursday 3 May 2012

carry on canvassing


Ducks on Verdon street
Hi all,
 have been out with my dedicated team of helper- even in sundays torrential rain. Monday night i spoke at the PCS Hustings although small we did very well.
On Monday i spoke to a lady on Nottingham street how was elderley and ill and freezing because her side window is rotting and she can feel the wind comming through it- I agreed to report her problem to Sheffield Homes. Hopefully this will be sorted quickly. In these days when People struggle with fuel Poverty the last thing you need is to be loosing all your heat through inadequate windows.
 
Sheffield workers memorial day
Tuesday i was moved by a women who told me she had read my leaflet and was going to vote for the first time in her life. She is afraid that the government will hound her of Disability benefits. People with disabilities should not be forced to live in fear like this. Whay are we hounding the rich who evade and avoid their tax to the tune of 120bn per annum sufficient to fill three quarters of the Deficit. 

I have been surpised by the amount of people this year who told me that they have voted for me because they like my leaflet. I always try to focus on the big and local issues and try to get the voices of local people. Unfortunatley the other parties don't seem to bother. Thats why i say don't be taken for granted vote for a real alternative.
 


pavement falling apart pye bank school

Sheffield Homes rotting windows on Nottingham street

No comments:

Post a Comment